AFEM Priorities 2014-2015
The following list of priorities has been identified by AFEM as the most pressing and urgent needs to be addressed in the following 12 months.
Broaden the reach and scope of AFEM’s outputs:
- Develop emergency care standards and assessment tools
- Increase readership of AfJEM by indexing the journal and increasing the variety of articles and authors published, particularly articles directed at care in the African setting
- Develop AfCEM to be stand alone and sustainable
- Begin a series of interviews with leaders in emergency medicine to share perspectives and experiences, and increase awareness
- Fully embed paediatric care into all AFEM materials and activities
- Increase AFEM’s utilization of technology in its activities
a. Utilize SMS technology to disseminate educational materials
b. Create an online forum for narrative story telling about personal experiences with emergency care in Africa
c. Develop podcasts of AFEM materials such as AfJEM articles and interviews with emergency medicine leaders
- Increase membership (and awareness), especially in Francophone and North African countries
- Secure (sustainable) funding sources
If you feel you can assist with any of the priority areas, please contact us here.