Track your handbook
The AFEM handbook of Acute and Emergency Care
Help us learn more about the impact of the handbook by tracking yours-- new or used. Once you enter your number, you'll be able to see a map of where the others are. This tracking will give AFEM a better sense of how the handbook is making its way around Africa and beyond and help us target interventions and training for the future. If you don't have a number in your book, log it as 000.
Join us in celebrating AFEM's birthday! And please explore the website to learn more about the Handbook, our conferences, the Trauma Data Project, training curricula, our membership base, and everything else AFEM has accomplished in these 5 years.
African Conference on Emergency Medicine
Addis Ababa 4 - 6 November 2014
... was a huge success! Poster PDFs and presentation slides will be available soon. In the meantime, take a look at some of the photos.
Quick Links to Neat Things:
- 24/7/365: The Evolution of Emergency Medicine. A documentary on the beginning of emergency medicine, and how the founders who led the charge obtained recognition as a specialty
- Our own Hendry Sawe, AFEM VP, in the latest issue of EPi: http://www.epijournal.com/articles/167/hendry-sawe-young-leaders-bring-fresh-energy-to-african-emergency-medicine
- SEARCH-Africa: Increasing access to clean and reliable energy sources in healthcare facilities: http://www.searchafrica.org/
- Support-a-Delegate (Supadel) gets some press: http://stemlynsblog.org/support-an-african-delegate/
- The Ebola Project: Searching for Ebola solutions and supporting African healthcare communities in the fight against Ebola. An African initiative: http://www.theebolaproject.org/