Track your handbook
The AFEM handbook of Acute and Emergency Care
Help us learn more about the impact of the handbook by tracking yours-- new or used. Once you enter your number, you'll be able to see a map of where the others are. This tracking will give AFEM a better sense of how the handbook is making its way around Africa and beyond and help us target interventions and training for the future. If you don't have a number in your book, log it as 000.
African Conference on Emergency Medicine
Addis Ababa 4 - 6 November 2014
AFEM's unique Support a Delegate (Supadel) program sponsors the attendance of Emergency Care providers from low and middle-income African countries at our local and international conferences.
“Since its inception (of which I am proud to have been directly involved), AFEM has shown enormous support towards my endeavors in developing my skills in Emergency Medicine. Coming from a work setting with low resources, the Federation has given me excellent opportunities to learn and share my experiences through these conferences, such as the one recently held in Addis Ababa." -AfCEM2014 sponsored delegate (Kenya)
Quick Links to Neat Things:
- 24/7/365: The Evolution of Emergency Medicine. A documentary on the beginning of emergency medicine in the US, and how the founders who led the charge obtained recognition as a specialty
- Our own Hendry Sawe, AFEM VP, in the latest issue of EPi: http://www.epijournal.com/articles/167/hendry-sawe-young-leaders-bring-fresh-energy-to-african-emergency-medicine
- SEARCH-Africa: Increasing access to clean and reliable energy sources in healthcare facilities: http://www.searchafrica.org/
- Support-a-Delegate (Supadel) gets some press: http://stemlynsblog.org/support-an-african-delegate/
- The Ebola Project: Searching for Ebola solutions and supporting African healthcare communities in the fight against Ebola. An African initiative: http://www.theebolaproject.org/